A Reading ChallengePosted: June 20, 2016
Lately, I’ve been busier than usual. A few months ago I made the decision to go back to school. My current “career” has turned into nothing more than a dead-end job. Earning a living as a novelist is my dream, but realistically that doesn’t happen overnight, and most writers do have day jobs. Since my day job currently sucks, a change needed to happen and going back to school was the only answer. And even though this is a good thing, it has cut into my creative time.
Writing is on the back burner for the time being, and my grand plan to make a dent in my To Be Read pile has come to a screeching halt. I haven’t read too may books so far this year, and with under six months left in 2016, I wonder if all hope is lost with my reading goals. Maybe. Maybe not.
I think this might call for a challenge. It’ll serve as motivation to cross some books off my ever-growing To Be Read pile. Twelve books from now until the end of the year sounds like a good number. Enough to where I’ll need to put forth some effort, but still an achievable goal.
The following list is my 2016 To Be Read Challenge:
1. The Taming of the Queen by Philippa Gregory
2. The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe
3. Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner
4. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
5. Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
6. The Beach House by Georgia Bockoven
7. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
8. True Colors by Kristin Hannah
9. The Sparrow Sisters by Ellen Herrick
10. Whisper Beach by Shelley Noble
11. The Four Seasons by Mary Alice Monroe
12. Silver Girl by Elin Hilderbrand
For the rest of the year I will be working my way through this list of books. Feel free to join in and read these along with me or create your own rest-of-2016 reading challenge.