Song Title InspirationPosted: March 19, 2014
I love the song, Whiskey Drinking Woman by Nazareth. The other day while getting ready for work I heard it and my creative juices started to flow.
I asked myself questions like Who is this whiskey drinking woman and why does she drink so much? What does she look like? What led her to become such a lush? Is she a sloppy drunk or does she have a high tolerance? Does she spend her nights praying to the porcelain god? What do her loved ones think of her excessive drinking? How does it affect them?, etc., etc., etc.
Later that day, I scrolled through my MP3 player to see what other song titles would make good story starters. I found a lot, so I thought I’d share.
- When The Levee Breaks – Led Zeppelin
- Ring of Fire – Johnny Cash
- Tainted Love – Soft Cell
- Baby Did a Bad Thing – Chris Isaak
- Tick Tick Boom – The Hives
- Girl, You’ll Be a Woman Soon – Neil Diamond
- Reckless Abandon – Blink-182
- Don’t Tell Me You Love Me – Night Ranger
- The Man Who Sold the World – Nirvana
- My Iron Lung – Radiohead
Pick one, listen to the song if you’d like and then write a story. Next week I’ll give you ten more titles to spark your creativity.