The Knit List: Sock PatternsPosted: September 13, 2013
Someday, before I die, I would like to learn how to knit a pair socks.
I have tried, and failed miserably. My apprehension about knitting with double-pointed needles is what brought my first and only attempt to a screeching halt. But I still want to try again. That is, when I have more time to concentrate on learning how. In the meantime, I will continue to look for patterns via the internet, through knitting magazines and in books to add to The Knit List (aka – my knitting bucket list).
Here are a few that I really like:
- Inlay. This pattern states the construction for these is “quite simple.” I really like the crisscross pattern.
- Owlie Socks. This pattern is available through Ravelry as a free download. I just love the cute owl pattern repeated throughout the sock.
- Lingerie. I’m not sure if I’ve ever thought of any sock as being pretty before, but this pattern sure fits the bill.
- Pom Pom Peds. For a bit of nostalgia. I wore them as a kid. Do they still even make these???
- Simple Knitted Socks. A sock pattern for beginners. I love the examples shown by the different knitters. Especially love the ones done by wrenknits. They just look like a comfy pair of socks.
- Self-Striping Knit Socks. A pattern from Red Heart using their Heart and Sole yarn. Striped socks are always fun.
- Slippers. A really cute pair of slippers, also from Red Heart yarn.
How do you feel about knitting socks? Do you have a favorite go-to pattern? What do you like/hate about working on socks?